Thursday, April 21, 2011

Black Bubblegum & Nicholas De Sena

The painting is called "Winter," by Nicholas De Sena. Regarding his art, Mr. De Sena says "success is not a destination, but a journey."


I was originally going to pair this with "Waiting Beds" probably because of the city imagery, but we're getting a lot of urban backgrounds, so that seems less bueno a justification. So now I think it talks better with "Black Bubblegum."



Mr. De Sena started out drawing on his desk, has been a freelance graphic designer, a musician, a tattoo artist apprentice, and then returned to what gets called fine art.

"Taking time off to collect my thoughts, I started to paint again. Opening up my mind and painting whatever my soul screamed allowed me to reconnect with myself and the others around me. I went full circle, back to drawing on wood or anything I could find. Once again, I began to rely on nobody but myself and I was able to achieve what I needed to express myself fully and honestly. I hope you all enjoy my art, for it is an expression of my deepest emotions. As I search for more knowledge of art, I can't stress enough how strongly I feel that creative people just think and learn differently than others. It is a shame that while so many of us get lost in a society infatuated with money, we ignore who we truly are inside."

Find more Nicolas De Sena at www.nicholas-de-sena.artistwebsites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment